Monday, June 6, 2011

New Adventure

On Friday I have signed up for a genealogy class at the National Archives in Kansas City. The class will be Genealogy Workshop: Introduction to Bureau of Indian Affairs Record. 
This sounds like it might be an interesting class besides having the chance to see the records at the  National Archives are a side benefit. I am really looking forward to this classes.  Yesterday while doing some unpacking I did find my book  where I had been doing research so my plans are to review the book and then go to the class with names in mind and see what happens.  
I am kind of enjoying my short tech vacation. I checked and they have sent me out a new computer so will get that tomorrow and then will have to set it up and sent the old one back. SO tomorrow evening I should be back to work. 
We currently are have a heat wave and the air conditioner at the rental house doesn't seem to be working very well so tomorrow also a repair man is coming over to check it out. It is currently 89 out and it is 74 in here which isn't unbearable but by this after noon it will be around 79 so I just want to get it fixed so if will stay at 74 with fans I can handle that. The house in Mount Vernon didn't have central air so we had window units and that wasn't that good 'cause you couldn't regulate it so I often sit in the house with a sweater on in summer. The basement in this house is cool I go down there in the afternoon when it gets hot upstairs. 
I think I might just go and read a book or take a nap enjoy my techacation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment